Friday, June 17, 2016

Bread Sticks



I hear it from every reader and at every support group meeting. "I miss BREAD!" - there's really no need for that, with these delicious bread sticks. They go great with a meal – or 
make a great  snack.  For those times when you’re craving something salty, cheesy, crisp on the outside and soft in the middle.

This recipe makes a LOT of product, so it’s best to separate it into fourths, and bake about 1/4 of the dough at a time. The rest will keep in the refrigerator for a LONG time (not that mine lasts that long in there before use...) and you can cook up fresh low carb bread products as needed.

Ingredients

1 8 ounce bag good quality shredded Parmesan cheese
1 cup almond meal (flour)
1 large (or 2 small) egg(s)
2 Tablespoons melted butter
Optional: granulated garlic to taste

Preheat oven to 350 F
Mix ingredients well and chill. 

Roll small portions into a ball and then form into cheese sticks. 
Bake on parchment lined sheet pan for 10 minutes, turning after 5 minutes or as necessary.

Cook's Notes:

  • I make my bread sticks flat on top so I can turn them over to to get crisp and brown on both sides
  • Make one "bread stick" the size of a bread slice or bun, then cut it open and stuff with sandwich fixings, like ciabatta or focaccia!
  • Make it larger and use it for a pizza crust!
  • Every oven is different, so your cooking time may vary.  Watch them!  They smell AWFUL if they burn!  

3 comments:

  1. Happy Friday!  I came across your blog today and had to reach out because I thought you would be perfect for something I've been working on!  My name is Polly and I’m the Outreach Coordinator at SkinnyPop Popcorn. I'd love to chat with you about a blog post idea I have!

    If you're intersted please send me an email!

    Best,
    Polly
    Polly@skinnypop.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your interest Polly. As a matter of course I don't usually mention brand names unless they are specifically required for one of my recipes. I wish you the very best of luck in your campaign and thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your interest Polly. As a matter of course I don't usually mention brand names unless they are specifically required for one of my recipes. I wish you the very best of luck in your campaign and thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete