Friday, April 12, 2019

Parmesan Garlic Roasted Cauliflower


It took me 60 years to learn to love cauliflower. I just REALLY didn't like the taste. THEN.. I realized that it wasn't the taste of cauliflower that I hated, it was the LACK of taste that I hated! Once I began to think about cauliflower the same way I think about chicken, a carrier of ADDED flavors, my whole perspective changed. Since then, cauliflower has become a large part of my weekly meal planning. It's the perfect low carb side dish - different textures, different flavors, so it never gets boring.




Ingredients


1 large head cauliflower, trimmed into small florets
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons olive oil, more if needed
sea salt and black pepper, to taste

Instructions

Preheat the oven to 400°F.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the cauliflower, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss until all ingredients are well combined and the cauliflower is coated.
Line in a single layer, on a rimmed baking sheet and bake on the top rack for 30 to 40 minutes.

Cook's Notes:
Check your local restaurant supply store for "home quality" 1/2 size sheet pans.  These are inexpensive and fit perfectly in the average home oven.  They have become my primary cooking tool.
Along with them purchase a roll of parchment paper.  A sheet on your sheet pans catches nearly all the crumbs and liquids making sure food doesn't stick and cleanup a snap.

No comments:

Post a Comment