Sunday, August 9, 2020

Broccoli "Chips"


I've joined the "converted" in using cauliflower as a replacement for pasta and potatoes and various other things, but I've yet to make that leap for total inclusion of broccoli, cauliflower's cousin.   I DO keep experimenting and finding new ways to eat it that I don't have to consider "eat it because it's healthy" in my reasoning.

This one IS healthy - and bariatric friendly - but mostly it's GOOD - heck, even your KIDS will love it.

Ingredients

1 Large head of broccoli
1 Large egg
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 cup shredded Cheddar (or Colby-Jack)
2 Tbsp Almond Flour
1 tsp Garlic powder 
a pinch of salt

Instructions

Preheat oven to 400 Degrees F

Cut off florets and chop in food processor
Add additional ingredients and process to combine
Line a sheet pan with parchment paper 
Use a cookie scoop to portion 
flatten each mound with your hand
Bake for 10 minutes
Flip and bake another 10 minutes

Serve with the dip(s) of your choice

Cook's Notes:

  • My mixture seemed a bit dry so I added a second egg
  • I also like to add Baidi's Sazon Complet, a ranch-like seasoning - DELICIOUS.  But you can use the seasonings of your choice
  • If you have no parchment paper, use greased aluminum foil - it helps in the cleanup!
  • The "pinch of salt" is an important ingredient.  A little salt counteracts the bitterness of the broccoli!  You may not believe me, but 3-4 grains of salt will take the bitter out of a cup of bad coffee!  Take that from a guy who's had way too much bad airport coffee in his life!

No comments:

Post a Comment