Monday, August 5, 2013

Mock Potato Salad

I love recipes that remind me of foods I used to love. One of those foods was potatoes, I have had whipped cauliflower and it tasted good as a replacement for mashed potatoes but this potato salad was more amazing then that. My entire family loved it! 

Warning: Cut back on the mustard of you don't like A LOT of it. My family does like the extreme mustard. 

Mock Potato Salad 

16 oz Frozen Cauliflower Florets 
3 Tablespoons Yellow Mustard 
1/2 Cup Fat-Free Mayonnaise Dressing 
2 Tablespoons Mt Olive - Sugar Free Sweet Pickle Relish 
1/8 teaspoon Celery seed 
1/4 teaspoon Pepper 
1/2 teaspoon Salt 
4 Hard-boiled Eggs, Chopped 
2 Celery stalks, Chopped 
3 Green Onions, Chopped 

Cook the cauliflower until soft, not mushy. 
Drain well, cool then cut into bite-size pieces. 
Mix the Mustard, mayonnaise, relish, celery seed, pepper and salt together. 
Combine the mustard mixture and remaining ingredients with the cauliflower folding gently. 
Chill for at least 2 hours. 

Serves 8 

1/8th of recipe: 
Calories 68 Fat 3 Carbs 5 Protein 5

No comments:

Post a Comment