Monday, June 24, 2013

Oatmeal Cottage Cheese Pancake


From the array of recipes I post you guys probably assume there is nothing I can't cook - not true. I have my Achilles's Heels - one of which has always been pancakes. They are either too greasy or burned or tough as shoe leather. As such I didn't really realize I missed pancakes until I saw BTV Danielle's recipe for oatmeal cottage cheese pancakes. Of course, I couldn't leave well enough alone... I HAD to jack it up a little bit. But the most important part of this recipe is that turned out beautifully, is simple to cook and TASTE LIKE REALLY GOOD PANCAKES!





Oatmeal Cottage Cheese Pancakes
with Sugar Free Maple Syrup

Nutritional Data per pancake (makes 2)
Calories 96
Total Fat 3.4g
Saturated Fat 1.1g
Cholesterol 95mg3
Sodium 146mg
Total Carbohydrates 8.1g
Dietary Fiber 1.0g
Protein 8.0g


1/4 cup oatmeal
1/4 cup cottage cheese
1 egg
pinch salt

For Sweet:
1 tsp vanilla extract
Splenda to taste

For Savory:
2-3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
Sprinkle of garlic and/or onion powder
Fresh spinach or basil leaves (optional)

For Crepes:
Add 3 Tbsp milk

Put all the ingredients in your blender/food processor/magic bullet and process until everything liquefies.

For 2 pancakes/crepes, pour 1/2 batter into skillet prepared with nonstick spray
Cook over Med High heat until bubbles form all over the top and the edges begin to brown - flip and complete.

Cook's Notes: Savory crepes make excellent sandwich wraps

No comments:

Post a Comment