Monday, June 24, 2013

Sugar Free Gummies!!


Thanks to Kristi-Bisti of Calgary, Alberta, CA
----------------------------------------------
I love gummies! And recently I found myself buying the junk gummies from the store. Not very impressed with myself, I thought there had to be a way to make these myself. Low and behold, somewhere in the interverse, someone had posted the exact thing I was looking for!

The recipe is simple -
2 cups of water
6 packs unflavoured gelatin (or 6 tablespoons bulk gelatin)
2 packs of sugar free flavored gelatin (Jello)

Let the gelatin soak in the water for a few minutes, then heat it up until it melts. (Don't worry, you will be able to tell.)
Then, pour the melted gelatin into mini muffin tins or shaped molds of any kind. Let chill in the fridge for a while until solid.

I love these! And they can be customized in so many ways. I added coconut flour for a more substantial gummy. Or I have gelled Fresca, juice, SF torani syrups. You could add fruit or anything that strikes your fancy. They are also customized by how much gelatin you use. I personally don't like going less than 4 tbsp per cup of liquid. I sometimes use more, but haven't gone more than about 5 tbsp per cup. Since I have found a bulk source that is cheaper than the packs, I may try going pretty concentrated. Oh, and the kids love these too!

No comments:

Post a Comment